THE RUSSIAN CONFERENCE WITH FOREIGN PARTICIPATION
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND PROSPECTS OF THE USAGE OF ZOOLOGICAL COLLECTIONS
Dedicated to the 90 anniversary of Dr. Olga Leonidovna Rossolimo, former director of the Zoological Museum of Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1970–2009
Date of the Conference: October 15–16, 2018
hearby, we are glad to invite you to participate in the Conference and to discuss the current and future usage of the zoological collections.
The Zoological Museum has been accumulating, keeping, and studying research zoological collections for more than two centuries. Beginning of the Repository of Living Systems at Lomonosov Moscow State University several years ago opens a new stage of this activity, as this Repository is aimed at using both traditional and most recent methods and approaches making it possible to maximize usage of a specific archive of biodiversity represented by the natural history museum collections. So the principal aim of the Conference is to discuss most vital issues concerning development of the collection activity in zoology as well as in allied biological domains.
The principal topics:
– Scientific and practical results of the current usage of the zoological collections;
– Prospects in application of new methods and approaches in the research based on zoological collections;
– Information support for the storage and usage of zoological collections;
– Legal issues of the acquisition and usage of the collections in Russia and in the world;
– Actual issues of the usage of collections in allied areas of biological science (algology, anthropology, archeology, botany, medicine, mycology, microbiology, etc.).
The Conference will be held in the lecture hall of the Research Zoological Museum of Lomonosov Moscow State University located at: Bolshaya Nikitskay str. 2, Moscow.
The text materials submitted to the Conference shall be published in the next volume of the Archives of this Museum.