|Creating an integrated information system for the analysis of mammalian fauna in the Russian Federation and the preliminary results of this information system|
Lissovsky A.A., Sheftel B.I., Stakheev V.V., Ermakov O.A., Smirnov D.G., Glazov D.M., Strelnikov D.P., Ekonomov A.V., Titov S.V., Obolenskaya E.V., Kozlov Y.A., Saveljev A.P.
The current capacity for the purposeful study of the mammalian fauna of Russia using public databases is discussed. A list of species of Russian fauna compiled under united principles is lacking and the lists of species published in different departments are inconsistent. Systems that can monitor changes in the qualitative or quantitative composition of the fauna are not yet sufficiently refined. The systematization of previously accumulated faunal data requires the involvement of qualified taxonomists. Nevertheless, initial work on the “Mammals of Russia” database, which currently contains 16 512 records on 235 species of mammals, has allowed us to positively assess the prospects for further ordering of faunal information within the country.
- Anděra M. et al. 1995–2007. Atlas of the Mammals of the Czech Republic. Praha: Národní Muzeum. Vols.1–5.
- Federal Law 52-FZ. 1999. Federal Law “On Public Sanitary Well-Being”. Published on March 30, 1999. Available on-line at http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_22481/.
- Federal Law 166-FZ. 2004. Federal Law “On Fisheries and the Conservation of Aquatic Biological Resources”. Published on December 20, 2004. Available online at http://www.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc&base= LAW&n=278889&rnd=9A1C8C670A5ACA7BF87448F9999 4E50C&from=301250-8#09234578942576197.
- Federal Law 209-FZ. 2009. Federal Law “On the Hunting and the Conservation of Hunting Resources and on Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation”. Published on July 24, 2009. Available online at http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_ LAW_89923/.
- Ilyashenko V.Yu., Shatalkin A.I., Kuvaev A.V., Komendatov A.Yu., Britaev T.A., Kosyan A.R., Pavlov D.S., Shilin NI, Ananieva N.B., Tuniev B.S., Semenov D.V., Syroechkovsky E.E., Morozov V.V., Mischenko A.L., Rozhnov V.V. & Poyarkov A.D. 2018. [Rare and threatened animals of Russia. Materials to the Red Data Book of the Russian Federation]. Moscow: KMK Sci. Press. 112 p. [In Russian]
- Kobori H., Dickinson J.L., Washitani I., Sakurai R., Amano T., Komatsu N., Kitamura W., Takagawa S., Koyama K., Ogawara T. & Miller-Rushing A.J. 2016. Citizen science: a new approach to advance ecology, education, and conservation // Ecological Research. Vol.31. P.1–19.
- Lysaght L. & Marnell F. (eds.). 2016. Atlas of Mammals in Ireland 2010-2015. Waterford: National Biodiversity Data Centre. 207 p.
- Makenov M. 2018. Extinct or extant? A review of dhole (Cuon alpinus Pallas, 1811) distribution in the former USSR and modern Russia // Mammal Research. Vol.63. No.1. P.1–9.
- Mitchell-Jones A.J., Amori G., Bogdanowicz W., Krystufek B., Reijnders P.J.H., Spitzenberger F., Stubbe C., Thissen J.B.M., Vohralнk V. & Zima J. 1999. The Atlas of European Mammals. London: T & AD Poyser Ltd. 496 p.
- Pavlinov I.Ya. & Lissovsky A.A. (eds.). 2012. The Mammals of Russia: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference. Moscow: KMK Sci. Press. 604 p. [in Russian and English]
- Regulation. 2002. Regulation of governor of Primorskiy Territory from 14.05.2002 №272. On approval of the list of flora objects and the list of fauna objects listed in the Red Book of Primorskiy Territory. Available online at http://oopt.aari.ru/rbdata/77/anim.
- Regulation. 2004. Regulation of government of Kabardino-Balkaria Republic from 28.05.2004 №170-ПП. On approval of the list of flora and fauna objects listed in the Red Book of the Kabardino-Balkaria Republic. Available online at http://oopt.aari.ru/rbdata/1755/anim.
- Regulation. 2006. Regulation of government of Ingushetiya Republic from 28.11.2006 №173. On approval of the list of rare and endangered objects of flora and fauna for listing in the Red Book. Available online at http://oopt.aari.ru/rbdata/1754/anim.
- Regulation. 2007. Regulation of government of Chechnya Republic from 24.12.2007 №165. On approval of the lists of rare and endangered plant and animal species listed in the Red Book of the Chechnya Republic, and lists of plant and animal species that need special attention to their condition in the natural environment of the Chechnya Republic. Available online at http://oopt. aari.ru/rbdata/1759/anim.
- Regulation. 2010. Regulation of government of Kamchatka Territory from 11.01.2010 №3-п. On approval of the Lists of rare and endangered objects of the animals and plants listed in the Red Book of Kamchatka Territory. Available online at http://oopt.aari.ru/rbdata/76/anim.
- Saveljev A., Strelnikov D., Ekonomov A., Kozlov Yu. & Glazov D. In press. [Game animals in the project “Atlas of Russian mammals”: goals, first results and difficulties] // The Herald of Game Management. Vol.16. No.1. [in Russian with English summary]
- Savoure-Soubelet A., Ridoux V., Van Canneyt O., Charrassin J.-B., Aulagnier S. & Haffner P. 2018. Atlas des Mammifиres Sauvages de France: Vol.1: Les Mammifиres Marins de France. Paris: French National Museum Natural History. 496 p.